To be recognized as a world-class civil aviation authority, integrally involved in the sustainable development of a safe and thriving global aviation community that supports and serves Jamaica.
The Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority’s mission is to ensure that the public is provided with a safe, reliable, efficient and user-friendly Air Transport System, being cognizant of the Standards and Recommended Practices developed by the International Civil Aviation Organization.
In carrying out its mission, the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority has a commitment to:
- The safe and orderly development of Civil Aviation in Jamaica, (acknowledging the Convention of International Civil Aviation);
- Providing efficient and user-responsive Air Navigation Services to the national and international community;
- Co-operating with other agencies in the facilitation, provision, and regulation of a reliable and effective public Air Transport System;
- Providing an appropriate environment for the growth, development and enhancement of professionalism of its staff.
- We will carry out the mandate of the JCAA with honesty, openness, impartiality, and reliability.
- We will promote and support adherence to applicable environmental standards at all times.
- We aim for excellence in the service we deliver and in our daily performance.
- We will strive to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers at all times.
- We will work cooperatively to achieve the JCAA’s objectives respecting the views of each other.
- We pledge to lead and manage using best industrial relations practices.
- We will operate in a framework that fosters transparency, accountability and inclusiveness.